Maths » Primary Confidence Building
Filling gaps in your child’s maths skills
If classroom tests have shown that your child isn't achieving the desired levels, or if you feel there is room for improvement, NumberWorks'nWords can help.
Following a careful assessment, we can design a programme that addresses the gaps in your child's knowledge. Like building a wall, if every essential 'brick' of knowledge is cemented in the right place the only way is up.
NumberWorks'nWords is successful because it makes maths fun.
- Individualised tuition with specially trained tutors to allow the student to work totally independently at his or her level and pace under the guidance of a trained NumberWorks'nWords tutor.
- Positive reinforcement and rewards to ensure the emphasis is on success and developing confidence.
- Goals for each child to work towards and achieve, set with input from you. Feedback between teachers, parents and children is central to the success of our programme.
Find out how your child is doing. Book a free assessment now.
What you'll notice at a tutoring session
- A busy, productive atmosphere with students and tutors all actively and happily occupied
- An effective learning environment based on success and enjoyment
- Students fully-engaged with their individual learning programmes
- Tutors working with students, when one-on-one attention is required
- Mini celebrations, as success is rewarded with certificates, treats and games
- The manager circulating - talking with parents, tutors and students to keep everything on track
7 years old
Enrolled 1 year
Change in attitude has been amazing
We signed Tim up at NumberWorks'nWords after he came home from school one day and told us that he was "dumb at maths". Wanting to take immediate action we phoned you and started the next day.
The change in his attitude has been amazing! If you ask him now, he will tell you quite proudly how good he is at maths. It is also true! He is now getting great results at school, with 99% in the last test.
The change in his attitude was immediate because he gained confidence that he could do it. The results took a bit longer to follow and we appreciate all the extra help and encouragement that you and the tutors gave him.
9 years old
Enrolled 0.5 years
Amazed with Sophie's progress
A huge thank you to you and your team for the amazing work you are doing with Sophie. I picked her up from her after school care and was welcomed by a glowing smile from a proud little girl who filled me in on her exciting news. She was called up during the school assembly and given a certificate for her enthusiasm and amazing strategy skills with her math's work!
The family and I are amazed with her progress and how her positive attitude with a subject she was so far behind in 4 months or so ago.
Thank you for all you are doing, I really appreciate your work. Now we get home at the end of our day and she sits at the table while I prepare tea explaining what she has learnt and showing Mum the strategies to use for calculations etc... It is fantastic!
Find a centre
Find a programme
What people say about us
My child has struggled with Maths from day one. It is with great relief that she is now performing at an age appropriate level and more importantly is enjoying...
I'm very impressed with your tutoring staff, as a parent I really appreciate the level of communication with me...
I'm pleased to report my child read his first 'chapter book' today. This is a major advance for him - something I know he would have waited a lot longer to have achieved...