The importance of literacy is everywhere you look - words on signs, in training manuals, on buses, in books. While literacy was once a privilege, today it's a goal that everybody expects to achieve. However it's easier for some than others.
NumberWorks'nWords English tuition is designed to address the specific needs of your child and complement work done at school. The programme has been developed by qualified English specialists and covers the key areas of reading, comprehension, writing, spelling and grammar. We set individual goals and closely monitor each child's progress, keeping you informed along the way.
The success of the NumberWorks'nWords students in the classroom and in exams is proof of the effectiveness of our programmes. Find out how your child is doing and how we can help. Book a free assessment now.
The main benefits:
- Proven literacy gains in reading, comprehension, writing, spelling and grammar. Children are assigned work that is at the right level for them. This means they tackle work with renewed confidence and enthusiasm.
- Continual maintenance and development of skills. Our core literacy activities develop vocabulary, comprehension and reference skills. Some activities review previously learnt skills while others introduce new topics.
- Improved motivation and behaviour. Children are encouraged and their successes are rewarded with the messages and take-home certificates that raise their self-esteem.
- Enjoyment of books. Expert English tutors encourage children to develop a passion for reading.
Your child needs English help at NumberWorks'nWords if he/she:
- Needs to increase reading skills
- Wants to get into or stay in the top reading group
- Needs a confidence boost before moving to a new school or sitting exams
- Avoids reading for pleasure
- Loves learning and just can't get enough
- Can be disruptive in class or plays the class clown, to cover up for non-achievement
- Finds the discipline of homework hard work
- Has clear strengths, but also has weaknesses and an English evaluation would identify any gaps
- Says he/she is OK, but your instincts are telling you that something's not quite right and some English help would be beneficial
8 years old
Enrolled 0.5 years
Imagine my surprise
Sarah has been a very reluctant reader and generally struggles in this area. Imagine my surprise, after only a couple of sessions, to find Sarah sitting under a tree reading, when I went to pick her up from school the other day. I don't think she has ever voluntarily read a book! Yes it really was a bit of a teary moment!
I have no doubt that the change in attitude with her reading will also be followed by rewarding results.
We are certainly impressed and grateful! Just as importantly, Sarah loves going to NumberWorks'nWords!
7 years old
Enrolled 0.5 years
Core English skills have developed significantly
I am thrilled with the progress my son has made since attending the NumberWorks'nWords English program. His core English skills have developed significantly as has his overall confidence and ability. Not only has his school results improved, he is now taking initiative at home to read independently, explore words and give it go. He is happier at school and it's no longer a chore to get him to read or do his homework.
This program is a great investment as it's helping Josh develop a love of language and ensure he has a sound base from which to continue his education. The biggest benefit for us is with his confidence and belief (within himself) that he can do it and this confidence is filtering through to everything else he does. His English tutor and staff generally are great and have created a really stimulating and encouraging learning environment. When I drop him off, he can't wait to get in there and is happy to go week after week. You can't ask for more than that when they have just spent 6 hours at school. As Josh says, "It makes learning fun. Oh, and I really love playing the games".
Find a centre
Find a programme
What people say about us
I'm pleased to report my child read his first 'chapter book' today. This is a major advance for him - something I know he would have waited a lot longer to have achieved...
My child has struggled with Maths from day one. It is with great relief that she is now performing at an age appropriate level and more importantly is enjoying...
I'm very impressed with your tutoring staff, as a parent I really appreciate the level of communication with me...